About the beneficiary
Warsaw Commuter Rail Ltd with a set in Grodzisk Mazowiecki was established on 22 December, 2000 as the Company with 100% share of PKP S.A. in the initial capital (to 13 August, 2008 the company’s name was „PKP Warszawska Kolej Dojazdowa” Ltd). The business activity the Company launched on 1 July, 2001. It was the first stage of ownership transformation.
Shortly after WCR was overtaken by PKP S.A., the tender was announced to sell the company and the Local Government Consortium won the tender. The Consortium included: Local governments of Mazovian Voivodeship, the City of Warsaw Office (finally gave up its shares), Town of Pruszków, Commune of Grodzisk Mazowiecki, Commune of Brwinów, Commune of Milanówek, Town of Podkowa Leśna and Commune Michałowice.
On 27 September, 2007 the agreement was in force and since then WCR has become the property of local governments.
The initial capital of the Company, as of 31 December 2011, amounts to 57,791,000 PLN (in 2011 the capital was increased twice: on 17 January 2011 of 157,000 PLN and on 15 December 2011 of 1,107,500 PLN).
The capital consists of 115,582 shares of 500 PLN each, while the structure of the ownership is following:
- Local Government of Mazovian Voivodeship – 110,078 shares i.e. 95.24%,
- Town Pruszków – 1,699 shares i.e. 1.47%,
- Commune Grodzisk Mazowiecki – 1,216 shares i.e. 1.05%,
- Commune Brwinów – 1,200 shares i.e. 1.04%,
- Commune Milanówek – 695 shares i.e. 0.60%,
- Town Podkowa Leśna – 494 shares i.e. 0.43%,
- Commune Michałowice – 200 shares i.e. 0.17%.
The object of basic activity of Warsaw Commute Rail Ltd is to organise passenger transport on the WCR line according to the timetable, on the routes of Warszawa Śródmieście WKD – Grodzisk Mazowiecki Radońska with a branch in Podkowa Leśna to Milanówek.
One of the basic activity is managing the infrastructure for the transport area.
WCR runs business by the power of obtained licenses an certificates in compliance with the regulations in force.
- License No WPO/043/2004 for the rail transport of people,
- License No WPR/042/2004 for the rail transport of goods.
- For rail infrastructure administrator in the field of proper maintenance of the infrastructure and safe transport performance,
- For the rail carrier in the field of safe performance of rail transport and safe operation of rail vehicles.
The Company mission is to provide transport services on WCR lines at the highest level, meeting requirements of customers, which means fast, comfortable and safe passenger transport.