WCR – local governments Company will gain 14 new electric traction units. On 26 March of this year the agreement on this matter was signed by the Company Authorities with the Bydgoszcz PESA. The tender was settled on 19 January, 2010. The most beneficial offer was filed by „Pojazdy Szynowe PESA Bydgoszcz S.A.”. The value of the order is 281,820,000 PLN gross. The first vehicle will be on rails by the end of 2011, while all pcs will be delivered by the end of the 3rd quarter of 2012. The solemn signing was participated by Szprendałowicz – Member of the Management Board of Mazovia Voivodeship and representatives of local governments – owners of WCR and Mazovia Voivodeship Seym.
New vehicles mean better comfort of travelling for passengers. The vehicle interiors are spatial and air-conditioned. Thanks to lowering the floors and eliminating stairs getting in and out at halts will be easier. The safety of passengers will be provided by the monitoring system in the interior of trains. On board of trains there will be ticket machines and ticket-punchers installed integrated with the city transport under Management of City Transport in Warsaw.
Modern vehicles will run on all lines of Warsaw commuter Rail. The WCR line runs from the station of Warszawa Śródmieście WKD via Pruszków, Komorów and Podkowa Leśna to Grodzisk Mazowiecki with a branch to Milanówek.
Under the agreement PESA is bound to provide maintenance services for six months from the date of transfer of each vehicle. The producer will train employees in the field of service, maintenance and current repairs of rail vehicles. Each vehicle is covered with a quality guarantee of producer which will last four years since the receipt date.
In order to guarantee relevant development potential of carriages on WCR lines and related requirements for the new rolling stock it will be necessary to change the value of voltage in the system of power supply of WCR traction lines from the current 600V to 3000V of direct current. This change will guarantee following results:
- Provision of efficient power to traction vehicles enabling full use of vehicle potential,
- Provision of relevant reserve of power enabling arrangement of carriages at the level of 12 train/hour for one direction (every 5 minutes at rush hours);
- Limiting the energy loss on traction networks (to 25%);
- Limiting the number of modernised traction sub-stations to two objects (currently 7);
- Limiting to minimum the cost of reconstruction of traction network as the current one regardless its work under 600V is adjusted to work under 3000V;
- Limiting emission to atmosphere the thermal energy from the traction network and the return one.
The vehicles will be adjusted to voltage of targeted value of 3000V. In the transformation period – when all vehicles are delivered – trains will have a Chance using voltage of current value 600V. Adjustment of all vehicles to values from 600V to 3000V will be performed by the producer in not longer than 48 hours, observing all provisions regarding the length of guarantee and maintenance services in reference to subunits under replacement.